Pages

Friday 19 November 2021

Born To Fly by Andrew Burdan


Born To Fly 

What I really liked about this story is that it is based on an actual person, John Pohe. He served in World War 2 trying to keep our country and his hometown safe. I also liked how he became a really good squadron leader as a pilot.

What I like about John Pohe is that he is Maori. What I really like about his personality is that he sacrificed himself for all of New Zealand in 1944. He was born in 1914 10 December in Whanganui.

LEST WE FORGET

Even when an event like this has happened in the past

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the learning you gained from your reading. "Born to Fly" is a very good sophisticated picture book and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    What did you think of the artwork? Burdan is a very good artist, right?
    Mr N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hone,
    This is a good blog post because it tells me all about the person your describing in other words John Pohe. I have learnt a lot about John Pohe and what he contributed to our country. I never knew he was Maori to. It seems like he would be a good friend if he was still around. Maybe next time you could add a quote about him but good work.

    Kind Reguards-Riley

    ReplyDelete